Happy New Year from the Fab Four!

Welcome to our Blog Page!

Free HTML Codes

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thing 9 - Google Docs

After becoming familiar with Google docs, I am impressed.  I love the fact that it constantly saves your document as you are typing it in (which would be beneficial to those who forget to save and the computer crashes!) and the fact that the real-time collaboration feature allows multiple people (only ones that you invite) to make edits to a document and you would only have a single document with all the changes instead of having to incorporate changes from multiple documents.  The word processing software appears to have the standard document, presentation, and spreadsheet features you would need.  I think this would be very beneficial in that you can access your documents on any computer and you can set them to private so no one else can access them.  It also has a feature where you can drag and drop from your desktop into google docs, but I couldn't get it to work on the city system.  I think google documents is a good tool and I would recommend to patrons to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment