Happy New Year from the Fab Four!

Welcome to our Blog Page!

Free HTML Codes

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thing 13: Track our Library

I visited all three of the suggested sites.  Addict-o-matic was interesting, and I did bookmark that site and think it would be good if there was a particular subject you wanted to keep up with - however, it's almost too much information.  I did see that you could delete some of the sources to customize it to your needs.  I did find it funny that someone put a post on Addict-o-matic that said they were at Largo Public Library.  Socialmention was so slow (not sure if it is because of the city's computer system), it was frustrating.  GoogleAlerts is my favorite, I had already set up RSS feeds on MLB and NFL news and I do like that.  However, on all of these sites when I typed in Largo Public Library (and I tried many different variations to try to narrow it), I got all types of information from Largo to Key Largo to other things I wasn't sure about.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  I think we should do more to promote the fact that we are on Twitter and Facebook, as they are very popular networks.  Possibly a colorful sign around self checkout (in one of the big poster frames) or bookmarks would be helpful to show our presence in these places.  Overall, I discovered that there are many ways to track and get news on just about anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment