Happy New Year from the Fab Four!

Welcome to our Blog Page!

Free HTML Codes

Sunday, March 6, 2011

THING 18 - MORE SOCIAL NETWORKS

I visited the sites for children's social networks. I do not believe in social networking for children. I visited sites such as Togetherville and What's What and even though these sites say they are secure for children, I do not believe it. Sure parents can direct their children to sites such as this, but they cannot restrict them from getting on other sites when they are in other places, such as friends homes, school, etc. I know this is true with anything when it comes to kids, they will find a way if they want to, but I do not believe they should even be exposed to social networking on the computer. I believe social networking for children should be such be things such as lunchtime, recess, and just hanging out with friends - not on the computer.

Linked In seems like a good resource for business and help finding jobs. I did enjoy Webjunction and found there are a few classes that might be helpful, in particular the ones dealing with handling difficult and angry patrons. I found it very interesting and easy to navigate. I will explore this site further when time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment